Pages

Wednesday 27 March 2013

A LONG WEEKEND












Sydney is unseasonably warm at the moment. Gloriously so in fact. My last couple of weekends have floated by in an exquisite dreamy haze of sleep-ins, late breakfasts, days spent reading, laying on the beach, soaking up the sun, swimming in deliciously warm water and finding a few treasures as we unpack the last few boxes and finally decide to settle into our apartment.

Just a few weekends ago I discovered a bag of cameras that my Grandfather left to me when he passed away. I think I had put it aside, meaning to go through it, but it felt too sad at the time. Now, as I delicately handle each lovingly cared for piece of equipment, I can feel his love of photography infused into the leather bags and cleaning kits. His keeness for capturing moments burnt into the lenses. I'm so excited to have some time over Easter to give each camera a thorough clean, and get them back into action.

A few of my favourite things currently, scraped into one shot full of sensory, intellectual, aesthetic and literary bliss: Grace Coddington's memoir, Chanel Coco Noir EDP, my Grandfather's Voigtlander II, YSL Touche Eclat, MAC Morange Lipstick, Lord & Berry Kajal Stick & Nuxe Huile Prodigieuse (multi-purpose oil).

I think it's an old Spanish proverb that says "how beautiful it is to do nothing all day, then rest afterwards" or something along those lines. And that, my friends, is my plan for the Easter long weekend in a nutshell. What are your plans?

Wearing: Vintage Slash Tee Thrifted, Knickers Bonds Hipsters.

2 comments:

  1. Lovely! We've kicked off spring here with nothing but clouds, frigid temps, and even SNOW, plus one last nasty winter cold virus for me. Ugh. I'm so ready for warm, relaxing summer days. Enjoy! I'll be with you in my dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh lucky ducks, heading into spring just as it's starting to cool down here. Boooo! I'll miss the long summer days. Summer is definitely my favourite season, but there are parts of Autumn that I like too :)

    ReplyDelete