Pages

Monday 18 March 2013

WELCOME & SUNDAY


Welcome to my new little place in the world. This is (for me) where I can be free. I was starting to feel a little constrained by the guidelines I'd set for myself, and a little claustrophobic. When I started Lashes & Lattes, I started it specifically as a beauty blog. That was my goal. I've been writing it for a year and a half and as much as I enjoy writing about beauty products, there is so much more that I want to talk about and play with and discuss than that alone.

So... I've created a new space for myself. For those who are interested, yes, I will continue to write about beauty products. But this is something else.

Eve Avenue is a name that, to me, unites two different places. When I was little, I grew up on a 100 acre farm with no electricity and no running water. My younger sister, brother and I played outside all day long. My mother cultivated herbs and we had massive vegetable gardens. One of the closest gardens to our house was kept for flowers alone. For a period of time, in that garden grew cornflowers. They were very tall plants, with paper-like bright blue flowers. Towards twilight every day (it may have only been for a week or two, but it's etched into my memory as if we'd done it every single day for several years), my sister and I would scurry off to hide in the gap between the cornflower rows, and we'd watch the moon rise.

Recently I felt something akin to that freedom and security when I was exploring the city, and came across a strange little alley I'd never seen before. Walking down it, trying to figure out where I was, I looked up for reassurance, or to get my bearings, and I saw the moon. Full, and glowing, and wonderful. Eve being short for Evening, and Avenue being a little way between two tall things on either side: I've created a space where I feel free, but still safe. Wild, but comforted.

So welcome, I hope you will stay, and enjoy, and come back again soon.

This Sunday morning was luscious and sun-drenched, so I packed a little picnic of apples and cheese, I dressed up in my favourite maxi dress, I put a special piece of sparkly on my head and took off in the car towards the National Park. The little spot I found was just outside the gates, overflowing with weeds and wildflowers and yielded a warm patch of grass, with the sun directly overhead. I promptly took ownership of said spot, enjoyed my picnic and snapped a few shots. Wonderously, I was not once disturbed by passing tourists or random athleticists. Bliss.

Wearing: Dress Tigerlily, Headpiece Viktoria Novak, Rings Spell Designs Byron Bay, Flowers Snipped from outside the National Park. Promise.



6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks sunshine! YOU are awesome, Kimmi. I love you back! xx

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Adelle! I like telling stories... xx

      Delete
  3. Love that dress and love YOU, gorgeous girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Jessica! Right back at you beautiful xxx

    ReplyDelete